Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A Short History of the Orange Rose

I am not a flower freak nor an anti but I appreciate flowers. I like them. I get elated whenever I get them. And speaking of, I received a Long Stemmed Orange Rose last night. Orange. Yes, orange. And it was seriously my first time to receive a rose on that color. I took a closer look at its petals trying to find uncolored spots or just anything that would appease my curiosity about its color origin. And, yeah it was an original Orange Rose.

 Orange Rose

Since it was my first time to receive an Orange Rose, my mind wandered on how roses with this color started. As a curios bug as I always am, I looked it up online and found out that it started in the 20th century when Rose cultivators wanted to create an Orange Rose. Basic knowledge, and taught in grade school, mixing red and yellow will give you an orange shade and that was what the cultivators did. They experimented and crossbred the red and yellow roses and voila, the birth of the Orange Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment