Saturday, November 22, 2014

Realization: I'll Try To Be That Peron To You


Last night was actually one of those nights wherein I would rather stay late anywhere but home. No, I can't call it a home. As they always say, home is where the heart is. It does not have my heart and I could not even convince my brain to try staying for a while and maybe eventually things will get better as hours pass by.

I got fidgety the moment I stepped inside. My feet were like dragging me outside to conceal myself from the swarming hostility that was within, trying to engulf and drain all the positivity from me.

This early morning, as I was checking my bookmark of blogs that I wasn't able to finish reading yesterday, I stumbled into the following lines:

"You’ll need coffee shops and sunsets and road trips. Airplanes and passports and new songs and old songs, but people more than anything else. You will need other people and you will need to be that other person to someone else, a living, breathing screaming invitation to believe better things."

By Jamie Tworkowski, a musician, a writer and the founder of To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA). A non-profit organization, a support group that gives hope to struggling individuals who have strong grips on drugs, battle with depression, self-affliction and suicide.

My thoughts lingered on such verse. I surely need other people. In fact, I badly needed one last night to somehow be my escape from a dilemma that my heart and brain was dreading to handle.

Fortunately, I have a friend who is ever kind to give me time, comfort and save me oftentimes from situations as such. I could not just agree more that we need other people. Those, who could definitely bring you to a place which can put your heart and mind at its most calming state. Those, who could let you see the other side of life, a beautiful scenery that surely sets your breathing at ease. Those, who could let you feel pure joy regardless of the abounding turmoil.

Again, we need other people. I came to realize that you might be, for some reasons, tired of something. That the flame in your heart might have been blown off by certain circumstances and caused your indifference. That you might also need someone whom you could see the gleaming beams of sunshine to out shadow the gloomy state you are into.

Could I be that someone to you? I wish I could. I could at least try though. But, I think I have to have my fill of bursting sunshine in me yet to be able to share enough to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment