Saturday, October 18, 2014

Once Upon a Birthday!

October 15, 2014 Around 10PM
I slept right after I got home from work and woke up feeling lazy. It was like I felt too tired to move. I have not cooked my dinner yet, and I was famishing so I decided to just go somewhere to eat. While changing from work clothes to a tank top and sweatpants, I was torn between going solo or calling a friend to chat the laziness away while devouring my dinner, yet I decided to go solo.

I was craving for fries, so I ditched any healthy meal that was in my mind before going down the building since surely I couldn't finish off any food on the plate (where is my appetite?!). Good thing, McDonalds (ooops, free endorsement!) is just two-three minutes taxi/bus ride from my place. So, there I went. While going to the bus stop, I searched for my bus card, but it was left in my bag as well as my cellphone. Again, I was torn between going back to get the card and the cellphone or just ride a taxi and unplug myself from anything and anyone from my phone and, I did the latter.

October 16, 2014 Around 12:01AM
I greeted my self the loudest 'happy birthday' greeting ever, yet only in my mind. I had fun nibbling and playing with ketchup and fries, sipping and staring at the red stash from my lips on my coffee lid, smiling to whoever comes to my visual peripheral, switching and crossing legs from one another whenever I was already feeling slight cramps, and people watching; thinking what and how would they react if they knew that it was my birthday. Sure thing they will greet me, that is expected though but just how they're faces would change from bland to a sweet curve of a smile with the greetings. But of course, still being me, I did not do anything for I was already contented with the festive birthday shouts to me from me; of course, only in my mind.

A birthday greetings from Google. Aye!
October 16, 2014 Around 3PM
I was in a hurry prepping up to go to Desert Safari. Again, I went solo. During reservation, I was asked by the lady if I am okay going alone. Of course it was okay. I mean, it has been on my To Do List, backpacking solo; to be somewhere for the first time and no one familiar around. But, I don't know if I am going to check it off or not since it was just a short visit. Anyhow, on the ride going to the desert, I was with an Indian family in the car; a mom, a sister and a young brother, who were in a short holiday trip. The mom was telling me their whereabouts and asking me about directions, the sister expressed her wanting to stay and live with me and the young brother chatted his heart out about football stadiums which I didn't know and never been, yet.


The first activity was sand duning. I had so much fun and glad I sat in front. It was so amazing, I mean how could these drivers so good playing with the soft desert sand? It was the best! I surely would love to go again and again and again if I get the chance.


Actually, when I was taking pictures with my sandals, the sand and the sun (left photo), one of the drivers of 4x4 approached and asked me how was the ride. I told him that it was great and I would really love it more if I was the one driving. Then, he said, we could arrange for that, with a wink. I cringed to the thought and just said HaHa then off I joined with my foster family.

camel ride

The next activity was the camel ride. The ride is free but you have to pay for the photos taken from their camera while enjoying the ride. I did not get ours since Auntie took snaps from my cellphone and they didn't want to get theirs either. LOL. I also enjoyed this ride for you got to hold firmly on the handle else you will fall face first to the neck of the camel when it stands up or sits down.


Then the photo op with the Falcon. With this, you have to pay AED10. I didn't have money in my pocket so my foster Mom paid it for me, as her birthday  gift ^_^.

"Falcon is the national bird of UAE and is a symbol of force and courage, recognizing the importance of falconry in Arab tradition and culture. The falcon species has always been regarded as a very uncommon and shy bird, and it is very rarely met with by amateur birdwatchers (Ali 1968). Arabs constitute 1/3rd part of the world’s falconers. Falcons are fast flying hunters suited for taking prey in the air. In this pesticide era they are facing serious ecological risks, as their position is at the top of the biological pyramids.
Falcons are strong, fast fliers with great aerial agility. They seldom soar in the manner of hawks. The peregrine has been clocked at 290 km/h (180 mph) in a stoop, or dive. This speed and agility make falcons successful hunters of birds, reptiles, and small mammals. A number of species, however, are insectivorous or eaters of carrion. Although falcons strike or grasp their prey with their sharp claws, they generally kill the captured prey with their beaks. The short-winged hawks kill with their claws." ~ http://www.falconpedia.com/

Then there was Henna Painting but I did not go for it. I was told that the color will take two to three weeks to dissipate, so I passed.


And, the foooood! For starters, we had Sabosa/Samosa (am not sure LOL), jala..something. I soo forgot the name but it was like a fish ball dipped in sweet sauce. I like it though but not as much as Kevin did. Anyway, that pretty girl in upper right photo is Hash - she actually has a long name that I can barely pronounce so I just stick with Hash. She was somehow surprised that the couple who have joined us in the table for dinner were not married yet already travelling together. Yeah. They have different take about the issue and she was telling her mom she would want to do it with her future fiance but her mom had gone ballistic on the idea. And, I was like caught in the mother-daughter petty fight about love. Gracious! hahaha. And Kevin, this bubbly/chatty and very energetic-geeky boy is Hash's younger brother. He could definitely make the family loud with his own adventures. And, Mom was chatty as well. Too bad, it's just now I realized I don't have photo with her. This family is fun to be with. Also, they brought homemade food which they let me taste in which after a bite, I just wanted to throw or hide its remaining somewhere but they were looking at me waiting for my reaction. Yet, I somehow managed to say it was good. It was good, really, but I am not a fan of spicy food, so just not my cup of tea.



While having our starters, we were entertained by a fire dancer. I don't have clear shots of him but he sure was hot, with fire. LOL. He was good. But I have seen fire dancers before who did more exhibitions than he did, so am not that impressed anymore.


And the DINNER! They served food from diverse cuisines. I almost had a little of everything and that time I was seriously wishing that my appetite would be the same as of that night.



While enjoying dinner, TITO, amazed us by spinning around without feeling dizzy; for like 4-5 minutes I think, while taking off his colorful and lighted up clothes one by one until he was nearly naked, just kidding, until those voluminous skirts was taken off but still he's got clothes so wet with sweat.

And lastly, the Belly Dancing. I can't believe I missed a snap of her! Or, maybe because I have already seen a lot of belly dancers who are just so good that you can hardly take your eyes off their so soft bellies moving with rhythm like they have no bones. Yet, still clap clap for she was still better than me! hahaha

Oh, before moving out, I met a colleague who  invited me to join with them in the car going back to the city. Bummer. It should be no one familiar, right? Nevertheless, I refused and rather went with my foster family. Too good I went alone. If I had done it with a friend, sure thing I wont be able to meet this awesome family which had taught, surprised and amazed me with a lot of things!

Yes, it was my birthday and I was so thankful that I was able to enjoy and experience amazing things that this life offers. Cheers to Life!.

No comments:

Post a Comment