Saturday, August 16, 2014

Platonic: To the Infinity and Beyond

I was at a Metro Station with a friend when I received a call for a job interview. At that time, my mind was still fresh and so welcoming of whatever this new place laid my path. I loved the bus ride, the metro, the city view from the upper railings, the tall buildings, the chitchats with whoever I sat beside with, and just everything. Oh how I missed the optimistic Me back then! So, I got another job interview. Another, yes. I have gone through a lot of interviews and I love coming to interviews. I just couldn't settle with the pay they were offering and I was not closing my doors yet so I was like a bee again, hovering around until my nectar sack is satisfied.

So often that I find myself looking outside through the windows of trains, absorbing everything that appeared before my eyes with thoughts came flooding in. Why am I here? Is something big here for me? Or, this will just turn to be one of the many avenues of being ecstatic initially and goes boring eventually. Regardless, since I got hunches that I'll have an easy life here, so why not just enjoy my stay?

April 6, 2014, DHCC, was when and where that call for a job interview took place. This was where I met the most awesome creature; as he described himself, whom i have been hanging out since like around a week or two after the interview until now. He is a boy and a man of 25. This boy in him is present most of the time; which keeps me entertained and the man in him resurface only when the need arises. Let's define the last four words, it is when certain situations need the views and opinions of a man.

Attraction played a role in starting our friendship. Yes, I was honestly attracted to him. But not the kind of attraction for a boyfriend who you would like to get kinky with (oops) eventually. I regarded him as a boy on our first meeting for some reasons i couldn't spill (insert evil grin). But in all fairness he was a smarty pants and I felt his good aura so, it was no biggie checking him out on Facebook. And, I did find him. We started chatting and gone to tea for the first time and so on. 

As obvious as it is, I was the culprit of this friendship. However his being smarty, good-natured, crazy plus his acceptance on my oozing weirdness and giving in to my whims row this friendship until this very day.
   
Never had I thought that I could have the kind of friendship to any guy as what I have with him, especially here in this very foreign land. I was actually surrounded with guy friends back home, but that is entirely a different thing, on the first thought. Yet as time passed by, I realized that this kind of friendship is not much of different with my other guy friends. However, I have high regard and consider it special; in the sense that it cuts through language borders, culture and beliefs.

Also, being in a place with diverse people made me fully aware the kind of a lady friend I am. It is clear to me now that there is really something in some gals that makes some guys comfortable being with them surpassing attraction and all those mushy feelings that lovers have for each other (you may call it romantic). And, having a pack of guys friends back home and one here (for now), I am definitely one of those gals.

Last night, a very dear friend of mine happened to talk about his situation with someone from his support group made me rummage the web to fully understand him. Yet, found out something that is just fitting to what my mind would like to divulge these past two days. And, here it is: 

Deep friendships between friends of the opposite gender are possible and are evidenced every day. While there may be times that both of you have feelings that go beyond the platonic nature of your relationship, what matters is that neither of you act on them and that you maintain respect for one another. Platonic relationships are incredible when they work well – a non-judgmental friend of the opposite sex can offer you much in the way of advice, support, conversation, and differing perspectives. ~ WikiHow

Cheers to Friendship! Cheers to Life!